Ten Principles ‘
…AND IT WAS VERY GOOD…’ GENESIS 1:31
God knew the specific purpose you were born to fulfil, so He provided all the gifts you’d need, including the environment required to put it all together. Then He looked at you and said, ‘Very good.’ Can you say that too? It’s important that you can. Why? Because others will treat you according to how you treat yourself! This is not pride, it’s just healthy self-esteem based on God’s opinion of you as revealed in His Word. When you have it, it affects every area of your life. Truth be told, it determines how far you’ll go in life. Stop and ask yourself today, ‘How do I really feel about myself?’ Before you answer read these ten principles. Better yet, keep them before you daily.
- Never think or speak negatively about yourself, that puts you in disagreement with God
- Meditate on your God-given strengths and learn to encourage yourself, for much of the time nobody else will
- Don’t compare yourself to anybody else. You’re unique, one of a kind, an original. So don’t settle for being a copy
- Focus on your potential, not your limitations. Remember, God lives in you!
- Find what you like to do, do well, and strive to do it with excellence.
- Have the courage to be different. Be a God pleaser, not a people pleaser
- Learn to handle criticism. Let it develop you instead of discourage you
- Determine your own worth instead of letting others do it for you. They’ll short change you!
- Keep your shortcomings in perspective – you’re still a work in progress
- Focus daily on your greatest source of confidence – the God Who lives in you!
From Word for Today www.ucb.co.uk
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts you of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the Lord; and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the Lord; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.” Jeremiah 29:11 KJV
MAKE THIS DECLARATION OF FAITH
All of God’s thoughts for me are for good and never evil; His plans for my life is to make me prosperous, give me hope, and provide for me a glorious future. He has handpicked everything that is best for me in life and presents it to me with great joy. His desire for me is to live in His abundance.
My call brings a smile to my Father’s face and He listens to me with great concern. When I seek Him with all of my heart, He sees to it that I find Him. He has rescued me from the powers of darkness and is now enjoying my continual companionship.
(The Complete Personalised Promise Bible – James Riddle)