The foodie line-up at Cheltenham Festival of Literature
Cheltenham is the oldest literature festival in the world. This year they’re celebrating their 60th Anniversary. 100000 people now come to more than 440 events. Amongst other things there’s a great chef/foodie line-up at the festival. Here’s what is instore this year:
- Tom Parker Bowles and Valentine Warner – Sat 10th October Garden Theatre 2-3pm £7 Celebrate home grown food in this hearty discussion about the best of Bristish. Join Tom Parker Bowles, presenter of market kitchen, food critic and author of Full English, and Valentine Warner, chef and author of the BBCs What to Eat Now, as they share some of their culinary adventures.
- Sophie Dahl – Sunday 11th October Town Hall 8-9pm £7 In her original and beautifully written cookery book, Miss Dahl’s Voluptuous Delights, former model, now author and food writer, Sophie Dahl shares her favourite recipes along with the misadventures and travels that inspired them. She reveals a compassionate common sense about food and her book celebrates both the joy of eating and life!
- River Cafe – Mon 12th October The Inkpot 11am-12pm £7 or £45 for event followed by three course lunch at The Daffodil Looking for some culinary inspiration? Join Rose Gray and Ruth Rogers, the acclaimed chefs behind the successful River Cafe restaurant, as they share their love of food and discuss bringing Italian food to life in the UK with their bestselling food writing and their new book The River Cafe Classic Italian Cookbook. In a special Festival partnership, The Daffodil restaurant is offering an opportunity to sample delicious River Cafe dishes with a lunch after event 103, attended by Rose Gray and Ruth Rogers. £45 includes event ticket, three-course lunch and a goody bag which will include a signed River Cafe Pocket Book as well as other VIP treats.
- Hugh Fearnley- Whittingstall Monday 12th October Everyman Theatre 8.45-10pm £9 Putting food on the table for the family quickly and economicallydoesn’t mean you have to compromise on quality. Hugh Fernley- Whittingstall, River Cottage chef, broadcaster and author of the new River Cottage Every Day offers a whole raft of solutions from food sourcing and shopping strategies, to thrifty kitchen tricks and delicious, easy recipes.
- James Martin Wednesday 14th October Main Hall 6.30-7.30pm £12 From Saturday Kitchen to Strictly Come Dancing, chef James Martin joins us to present his new collection of seasonal recipes, A Year at Home. With inspiring new ideas, he talks home cooking and will be preparing a recipe live on stage.
The foodie line-up at Cheltenham Festival of Literature6 10 2009